The British National Party is proud to be in possession of some of the most modern and progressive concepts of democracy which are firmly at odds with the other parties increasing totalitarianism.
The British people invented modern Parliamentary democracy. Yet in recent years the British people have been denied their democratic rights. On issue after issue, the views of the majority of British people have been ignored and overridden by a politically correct elite which thinks it knows best.
On immigration, on capital punishment, on the surrender of British sovereignty to the EU and in numerous other areas, democracy has been absent as Labour, Tories and Lib-Dems conspire in election after election to offer the British people no real choice on such vital issues.
The BNP exists to give the British people that choice, and thus to restore and defend the basic democratic rights we have all been denied. We favour more democracy, not less, at national, regional and local levels.
Power should be devolved to the lowest level possible so that local communities can make decisions which affect them.
We will remove legal curbs on freedom of speech imposed by successive Governments over the last 40 years.
We will implement a Bill of Rights guaranteeing fundamental freedoms to the British people.
We will ensure that ordinary British people have real democratic power over their own lives and that Government, local and national, is truly accountable to the people who elect it.
In addition, the BNPs policy is to:
- Abolish anti-discrimination laws which prevent people from making a free choice;
- Abolish the Human Rights Act which has been imposed on this country through the European Union, and which is nothing but an excuse to prevent British laws stopping the scroungers of the world parasiting off this nation;
- Abolish all restrictions on traditional free speech; common law provisions against incitement to violence are the only proper limits in a free society;
- Reject ID cards, intrusive surveillance and the retention of DNA samples of the innocent;
- Introduce an English parliament within the United Kingdom;
- Introduce citizen-initiated referenda whose outcome is binding on Parliament.
The BNP Britains most democratic party.
The time has come for change.
The BNPs policy is to:
- Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally;
- Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;
- Review all recent grants of residence or citizenship to ensure they are still appropriate;
- Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently;
- Stop all new immigration except for exceptional cases;
- Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain.
Immigration is out of control. Britains population is now over 60 million and rising, solely due to immigration. Not only is Britain increasingly overcrowded, but the fact is that a country is the product of its people and if you change the people you inevitably change the nature of the country.
We want Britain to remain or return to the way it has traditionally been. We accept that Britain always will have ethnic minorities and have no problem with this as long as they remain minorities and do not change nor seek to change the fundamental culture and identity of the indigenous peoples of the British Isles.
The current open-door policy and unrestricted, uncontrolled immigration is leading to higher crime rates, demand for more housing (driving prices out of the reach of young people), severe extra strain on the environment, traffic congestion, longer hospital waiting lists, lower educational standards, higher income taxes, lower wages, higher unemployment, loss of British identity, a breakdown in community spirit, more restrictive policing, higher council taxes, a shortage of council homes, higher levels of stress and unhappiness and a more atomised society.
India would not tolerate millions of non-Indians taking over that society. Pakistan would not tolerate millions of Hindus or Christians entering that country and changing it from a Muslim society into something else. Japan would not do it; China would not do it so why should Britain?
Can anyone imagine Saudi Arabia allowing the mass immigration of Christians, so that in a few decades it would no longer be an Islamic country?
Each nation has the right to maintain its own identity. The right of India to remain Indian, the right of China to remain Chinese, the right of Pakistan to remain Pakistani and the right of Saudi Arabia to remain Saudi does not mean that any of these nations hate anybody else.
All it means is that they wish to preserve their identity and national existence.
This is all the British National Party seeks for Britain the right to be British.
This is not an extreme demand it is actually just perfectly normal and completely in line with the rights granted to every other nation and with international law.
All the other parties shy away from this issue, because they are the ones who have caused the problem in the first place.
Only the British National Party has the reasonable, sensible, fair and just immigration policy which will guarantee that Britain remains British.
British foreign policy must be driven by one guiding principle alone to serve British interests above all else. This iron principle will be strictly enforced by a British National Party government.
In reality, this means that Britains foreign relations should be determined by the protection of our own national interests and not by our like or dislike of other nations internal politics.
Britain has no right to dictate the internal politics or social configuration of any other nation. We would also expect all other nations to grant this same right to Britain.
We would have no quarrel with any nation that does not threaten British interests. In this regard, a BNP government will:
- Reach an accord with the Muslim world whereby they will agree to take back their excess population which is currently colonising this country, in exchange for an ironclad guarantee that Britain will never again interfere in the political affairs of the Middle East or try to dictate to any Arab or Muslim country as to what their internal government form should be; and
- Maintain an independent foreign policy of our own, and not a spineless subservience to the USA, the international community, or any other country.
With regard to Europe, a BNP government will:
- Resolutely oppose the single European currency;
- Support the overwhelming majority of the British people in their desire to keep the Pound and our traditional weights and measures.
At the same time, a BNP government will strive for the best possible relationship with our European neighbours. The nations of Europe should be free to trade and cooperate whenever it is mutually beneficial without being forced into a straightjacket of political and economic unification which is neither desirable, ultimately practically unfeasible and which is guaranteed to create conflict rather than avoid it.
Accordingly, a BNP government will withdraw from the European Union.
In place of the EU, a BNP government will aim towards greater national self-sufficiency, and work to restore Britains family and trading ties with Australia, Canada and New Zealand, and to trade with the rest of the world as it suits us.
Following our withdrawal from the EU, the BNP government will use the £43 million per day net contribution Britain at present makes to the European Union to fund many far more useful projects at home.
In addition, a BNP government will reject the idea that Britain must forever be obliged to subsidise the incompetence and corruption of Third World states by supplying them with financial aid.
Only once poverty and deprivation amongst British people has been eliminated, can any thought be given to foreign aid and even then, a BNP government will link foreign aid with our voluntary resettlement policy, in terms of which those nations taking significant numbers of people back to their homelands will need cash to help absorb those returning. The billions of pounds saved every year by this policy will also be reallocated to vital services in Bin.
The time has come for change.
Britain suffers from more than 27,000 crimes per day, or more than ten million crimes per year the direct result of decades of softly-softly politically correct policing and a failed social engineering policy which has put the rights of yobs and criminals above that of victims.
According to the Office for National Statistics British Crime Survey of 2008, 22 percent of people in Britain will be the victim of some crime during the course of a single year.
To combat this shocking state of affairs, the British National Party seeks a return to traditional standards of law enforcement, combined with social reform directed at addressing the root causes of criminal behaviour.
To this end, BNP crime and justice policy will:
- Free the police and courts from the politically correct straitjacket which is stopping them from doing their jobs properly;
- End the liberal fixation with the rights of criminals and replace it with concern for the rights of victims and the right of innocent people not to become victims;
- Re-introduce corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals;
- Restore capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute (such as with DNA or other compelling evidence).
At the same time, the BNP recognises that decades of social welfare dependence encouraged by disastrous Labour and Tory policies which is the primary cause of social delinquency, must be brought to an end.
Social reform is therefore also required. Workfare, not welfare, except to the neediest, should be the norm. Only in this way can the cycle of social deprivation, which is the primary cause of indigenous criminality, be broken.
To this end, the BNP will introduce a system of workfare for those in unemployment benefit for more than six months with compulsory work and training in return for decent payment.
The socialist building block housing concrete monstrosities which blight our urban areas and which are the breeding ground for delinquency and crime will be torn down and replaced with decent housing which encourages the stable family unit.
Non-indigenous crime rapidly becoming a serious problem, as the knife and gun crime epidemic spreading throughout our major cities will be dealt with in terms of BNP immigration and identity policy.
Overcrowding in prisons will be solved by the deportation of the tens of thousands of foreign criminals to serve their sentences abroad in their home countries. This act alone will free up to 70 percent of jail space in many prisons.
The BNP will also:
- Make prisons more austere and make criminals serve their full sentences. Offenders will be made to understand that they are being punished and not rewarded with a state-subsidised holiday for their crimes;
- Use electronically tagged chain gangs to provide labour for projects such as coastal defences;
- Introduce automatic prison sentences for all repeat offenders;
- Put police back on the streets and remove their current political correctness shackles;
- Allow victims of crime full freedom to defend themselves and their property;
- Make joint custody of children the norm in divorce cases;
- Grant anonymity to those accused of crimes until they are convicted;
- Make police concentrate on real criminals and serve the public, not the governments political aspirations.
The British National Party alone recognises that crime must be tackled on two levels: firstly by effective policing, and secondly by addressing the root social causes of crime, both indigenous and non-indigenous in origin.
Addressing these two issues will solve the crime problem.
The time has come for change.
Britains survival depends on a technology-intensive manufacturing base, protected from globalisation and rampant internationalist exploitation the core of the British National Partys plan for rebuilding this nations economy after decades of Tory and Labour neglect.
Globalisation has caused the export of jobs and industries to the Far East, and has brought ruin and unemployment to British industries and the communities who depend on them.
Accordingly, the BNP calls for the selective exclusion of foreign-made goods from British markets and the reduction of foreign imports. We will ensure that our manufactured goods are, wherever possible, produced in British factories, employing British workers.
When this is done, unemployment in this country will be brought to an end and secure, well-paid employment will flourish.
We further believe that British industry, commerce, land and other economic and natural assets belong in the final analysis to the British nation and people.
To that end the BNP will restore our economy and land to British ownership and will take active steps to break up the socially, economically and politically damaging monopolies now being established by the supermarket giants.
Fully cognisant of the reality that economic growth is driven primarily by true free enterprise, a BNP government will seek to give British workers a stake in the success and prosperity of the enterprises whose profits their labour creates. Such schemes are the only guarantee of workers being motivated to ensure the success of their employers.
The Labour government recently introduced legislation to discriminate against white males in the job market. This racist legislation is a travesty and gross betrayal of the British working class, and will be repealed forthwith by a BNP government, along with all other measures which in any way discriminate against the indigenous population.
The state institutions were built by British taxpayers and there is a moral duty and obligation on the state to give preference in the job market to native Britons.
The banksters cannot be let off the hook for their role in the current financial crisis. The BNP demands that the banksters responsible for the catastrophe which has crippled the international banking system be held personally legally liable for their actions in terms of corporate governance laws. They should have to pay a personal price for the mess they have created, and not be rewarded with huge bonuses which have come from taxpayer-funded bailouts.
In a nutshell, the BNP plan to rebuild Britain will consist of the following steps:
- The nurturing and encouragement of new and existing British industries;
- The protection of British companies from unfair foreign imports;
- The promotion of domestic competition;
- Increased taxes on companies which outsource work abroad;
- The reintroduction of the married mans allowance;
- The raising of the inheritance tax threshold to £1 million;
- The encouragement of savings, investment, worker share-ownership and profit-sharing;
- Halving council tax by centralising education costs and eliminating multiculturalism spending and unnecessary bureaucracy;
- The renationalisation of monopoly utilities and services, compensating only individual investors and pension funds. Privatising monopolies does not benefit either the consumer or the country. All that happens is the family silver is sold off and monopoly utilities and services are asset-stripped, often by foreign competitors.
The economy should be managed for the benefit of the nation. The other parties are enslaved to laissez-faire globalism, which means that British workers must compete against those in China and India who work for as little as a pound a day.
Oriental countries such as Japan, South Korea and Singapore have managed their economies to combine private enterprise competition with the national good, and these are the models the BNP would emulate.
In a world in which irreplaceable natural resources are being depleted at an alarming rate we have a duty to our children and future generations to move towards economic growth which is socially, environmentally and economically sustainable in the long-term, rather than the present boom and bust policies.
Personal tax is far too high. Billions of pounds can be slashed off government spending by inter alia:
- Ending the £9 billion foreign aid budget;
- Ending the £4.5 billion a year wars in Iraq and Afghanistan;
- Ending the untold billions spent subsidising the immigration swindle and all its ancillary costs (benefits, court and jail services, counter-terrorism measures, the race relations industry and a host of others);
- Ending the billions pumped into the EU swindle;
- Severely curtailing the tax-subsidised feeding frenzy at Westminster and other levels of government; and
- Cutting back all unnecessary layers of government which have been artificially created by years of politically correct Labour and Tory rule.
The time has come for change.
Britain once led the world in education and technology and can do so again, but only if it follows some basic rules to rebuild its educational system in such a way that it nurtures the innate genius which lies in our nations youth.
The problems with the British educational system are well known to all. Simply put, the British educational system is not working. Exams have been dumbed down and while more students are obtaining meaningless bits of paper, employers are complaining that graduates cannot spell.
Citizenship lessons are a euphemism for political indoctrination. Discipline has collapsed, trendy teaching methods have failed and schools face a crisis. The abolition of grants and introduction of fees for university students has hit poor children hardest, while soft, useless subjects are replacing the hard sciences of value to Britain.
In short, this nation stands before an educational abyss, and only the British National Party has the educational policy designed to pull it back from the brink.
The BNPs policy consists of the following building blocks:
- The restoration of discipline including corporal punishment uniforms, traditional teaching methods and stricter exams (e.g. 0' levels);
- The reintroduction of grammar schools with entrance exams at 11 and 13;
- The reversal of the programme to close special needs schools which penalises the most vulnerable;
- The reintroduction of competitive sports and daily Christian assemblies;
- The teaching of old-fashioned literacy skills (as opposed to clearly failed modern teaching methods);
- The teaching of old-fashioned mathematics skills which have practical application to everyday life;
- The teaching of a full curriculum of British history. This will instil in our young people knowledge of and pride in the history, cultures and heritage of the native peoples of Britain, and not the cherry-picked politically correct drivel being fed to children today;
- The abolition of fees and the restoration of full grants to university students studying proper subjects (as opposed to fake social sciences);
- The improvement of school food as proper meals have been shown to be linked to behaviour and achievement;
- The ending of the scandalous and racist neglect that has left working class white boys at the bottom of the table for academic achievement;
- The introduction of tax breaks for home-schooling parents or direct subsidies as their fair share of the education budget;
- The introduction of a compulsory Community Award Scheme for all school-leavers to teach them work ethics and social and community values. This would consist of work caring for the elderly or handicapped people, or environmental or heritage restoration projects, or military training. These courses would be character-building and instil discipline, social and community values and work ethics in all young people. Service in this scheme would entitle each individual to get something back from the society to which they have learnt to contribute, such as free university education, a properly supported apprenticeship, or business training and start-up capital for would-be entrepreneurs.
Britain can be great once again with the BNPs plan to rescue this nations educational system
The time has come for change.
For decades, the British National Health Service was looked upon by the rest of the world as one of the most successful state run health services in the world.
Today, it is a laughing stock. The NHS is critically ill. NHS Trusts are sacking staff, closing wards, cancelling operations and refusing patients vital life-saving drugs. Meanwhile, health tourists are costing the NHS £2 billion a year, and diseases such as TB and AIDS are on the increase as a result of immigration.
British doctors and nurses are unable to find work in the NHS because we are importing medical staff (often with questionable qualifications) from the Third World where they are desperately needed.
Sixty percent of NHS staff are bureaucrats, and there are now more managers in the NHS than beds with many earning more than £100,000 per year.
The contracting out of cleaning (often to contractors employing illegal immigrants) has resulted in collapsing standards of cleanliness, with around 20,000 patients a year dying of hospital-acquired infections.
Marketisation, and particularly the Conservative-created Private Finance Initiative (PFI) schemes imposed by Gordon Brown, has been a disaster which is saddling Trusts and the taxpayer with enormous debts. We totally reject this attempt to turn the nations health service into a private profit centre for giant corporations.
The British National Party has the only plan by which our NHS can be nursed back to health.
The BNP is wholly committed to a free, fully funded National Health Service for all British citizens.
The BNPs policy is to:
- Replace 100,000 NHS bureaucrats with doctors, nurses and dentists;
- Invest sufficient money in the NHS to provide a decent service to the British people;
- Bring hospital cleaning back in-house and make high cleanliness a top priority;
- End the scandal of foreign health tourism;
- Train and pay to retain British doctors, nurses and dentists instead of looting the Third World of staff who are desperately needed in their home countries;
- Revitalise the healthcare system by boosting staff and bed numbers, slashing unnecessary bureaucracy and by addressing the root cause of low recruitment and retention low pay.
- We will see to it that no money is given in foreign aid while our own hospitals are short of beds and the staff to run them.
- Finally, more emphasis must be placed on healthy living with greater understanding of sickness prevention through physical exercise, a healthier environment and improved diets.
The time has come for change.
The British National Party is this nations only true Green party which has policies that will actually save the environment.
Unlike the fake Greens who are merely a front for the far left of the Labour regime, the BNP is the only party to recognise that overpopulation whose primary driver is immigration, as revealed by the governments own figures is the cause of the destruction of our environment.
Furthermore, the BNPs manifesto states that a BNP government will make it a priority to stop building on green land. New housing should wherever possible be built on derelict brown land.
Other environmentally friendly policies which the BNP has in its manifesto include:
- The removal of unsightly overhead power lines from beauty spots and their burial underground;
- The creation of a bulk transport tax regime that pushes supermarkets to supply more local and seasonal produce;
- The encouragement of an extensive and rapid switchover to organic and low fossil fuel farming techniques;
- The banning of the ritual slaughter of animals without pre-stunning, and the sale of such meat;
- The elimination of the unhealthy, energy intensive and cruel factory farming of livestock;
- The abolition of all stealth taxes and other charges on household rubbish collections.
Britain is one of the most densely populated countries in the world and our population is increasing due entirely to immigration which necessitates the building of ever more homes, which in turn places a strain on our infrastructure such as transport and water supplies.
Independent environmental organisations believe that Britains population needs to be significantly reduced. Our immigration policies will achieve this.
Together with independent environmental organisations the BNP recognises that Britains environmentally sustainable carrying capacity is substantially lower than its present population.
With regard to the transport problem and the environmental impact it has, BNP policy is also refreshingly different.
A BNP government will:
- Develop alternative transport fuels such as bio-diesel and hydrogen;
- Develop renewable energy sources such as off-shore wind farms, wave, tidal and solar energy;
- Investigate the feasibility of cutting-edge, intrinsically-safe, fast-breeder nuclear stations;
- Invest in a high-speed, magnetic levitation, inter-city rail network;
- Allow the building of a new privately-funded airport on reclaimed land in the Thames estuary to reduce the pressure on, and stop the constant expansion of, the South Easts airports.
Oil and gas are finite resources, rapidly being depleted. Prices are going to continue to rise significantly and this will place a heavy burden on both industry and private consumers. Furthermore, as we are becoming increasingly dependent on energy from unstable and potentially unfriendly foreign powers we are becoming ever more vulnerable to economic blackmail or even harm. Peak Oil is a clear and imminent danger to our economy and society, so Britain needs to invest in new technologies and be broadly self-sufficient in terms of energy.
Finally, the BNP accepts that climate change, of whatever origin, is a threat to Britain. Current evidence suggests that some of it may be man-made; even if this is not the case, then the principle of better safe than sorry applies and we should try to minimise the emission of greenhouse gases and other pollutants.
The time has come for change.
Originally, benefits were meant as the states obligation to support those who genuinely are not in a position to support themselves. This guiding principle must always remain the guiding light for a just and humane system and it is the core of the British National Partys welfare policy.
However, decades of Labour and Tory socialist state-induced welfare dependency has utterly distorted this noble ideal. Well-meaning welfare programmes have been exploited, distorted and twisted to become nothing more than a free handout to scroungers, foreign and local. This has in turn created a welfare dependency culture which has led to in excess of six million people living in homes where no one has a job and where benefits are a way of life.
Not only does this cost the taxpayer in excess of £13 billion per year, but it also has a hugely damaging effect upon the psychology of a nation which once led the world in productivity, technological innovation and which gave birth to the Industrial Revolution. This dire situation must be reversed urgently.
Only the British National Party has the plan to reverse these decades of disastrous Labour and Tory social engineering programmes through a sensible policy of workfare, not welfare.
The principle is simple: those who receive community support incur obligations as well. People who genuinely want to work must be provided with the opportunity to do so in return for training which will put them back into proper full-time employment.
In return for financial support and training for a new career, the benefit recipient must complete a certain number of hours of work per week. Properly implemented, this policy will undermine the benefit dependency culture and bring masses of unemployed back into the formal employment sector.
Ultimately there must be only one category of welfare recipient: those who genuinely deserve or have earned it. The scrounger entitlement mentality must be discarded. Those who can work but refuse to do so, must face the consequences of their actions on their own.
The success of the workfare not welfare policy has been proven: these programmes already exist in Australia, America and even in India. Britain has to get back to work: and workfare provides the only path through which this aim will be achieved.
It is equally important that the burden of foreign scroungers be dealt with vigorously. Britain has become a land where foreigners come first and decent, hard-working Britons are exploited. Immigrants come here and are immediately given council homes while Britons are pushed further and further back in the queue.
The BNPs housing policy is:
- Make all benefits and social housing only available to British citizens;
- Make length of residency in an area the key criterion for council house allocation;
- Preserve the right to buy of individual tenants, but with the money from sales being used to build more council houses;
- Take all privatised social housing stock back under local democratically controlled council ownership;
- Ensure that the billions being spent on the utterly bogus asylum seeker and immigration swindles is redeployed to alleviate the appalling conditions under which many of Britains old people are forced to live.
- A BNP government will restore the earnings link with pensions and ensure that elderly people who have paid a lifetime of taxes and reared families should not have to sell their homes to pay for care in their old age.
Only the British National Party has the answer to the crisis in which the welfare state finds itself after years of misrule.
The time has come for change.
British soldiers lives are one of the most valuable assets this nation has, and should only be risked in conflicts in which British interests are directly affected.
This simple and logical core belief is paramount to the British National Partys defence policy, which demands self-sufficiency for our island nation in all aspects.
As such, the BNP is committed to withdrawing from the illegal and immoral wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the prosecution for war crimes of all Westminster officials who deliberately tricked this nation into those conflicts which have cost billions and at least 300 British lives.
The people to be prosecuted for war crimes will include the leaders of the parliamentary political parties who supported the war Labours Blair and Brown, the Torys Hague, Duncan Smith, Howard and Cameron and all officials who conspired to prepare the pack of lies which provided the justification for the invasion of Iraq.
A BNP government will never commit British troops to any conflict which does not directly affect British interests ever.
Britain can only be safe if it is able to defend itself without being dependent on any other country. Britain therefore needs to have a credible and independent defence against all threats and the ability to use this wisely.
Successive cuts in defence spending have left Britains armed forces perilously weak. We will boost Britains armed forces to ensure that they are able to deal with any emergency, and defend our homeland and our independence.
The BNPs defence policy is to:
- Strengthen our conventional forces;
- Retain a genuinely independent nuclear deterrent and produce all our weaponry in Britain;
- Only commit British forces when British national interests are at stake;
- Preserve and restore our historic County Regiments;
- Bring our troops back from Germany and withdraw from NATO, since political developments make both commitments obsolete;
- Close all foreign military bases on British soil;
- Refuse to risk British lives in meddling peacekeeping missions in parts of the world where no British interests are at stake;
- Restore national service for our young with the option of civil or military service.
The time has come for change.
NORTHERN IRELAND an end to sectarianism!
Britain has shamefully allowed the terrorists in N.I. to come close to winning when the IRA could have been destroyed years ago.
Government weakness has led to hundreds of deaths and given those same terrorists a share in government.
We would end all attempts to force the people of Northern Ireland to accept foreign interference in their affairs and deal with terrorism from whatever side once and for all.
No one with links to a terrorist organisation that refuses to lay down its arms should be allowed to enter government. We would abolish state-supported segregation in education. In the long run, we wish to end the conflict in Ireland by welcoming Eire as well as Ulster as equal partners in a federation of the nations of the British Isles
The University of East Anglias Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was
forced to reveal the loss of their evidence following requests for the
data under Freedom of Information legislation. Their findings were one
of the main pieces of evidence used by the Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change, which says global warming is a threat to humanity.
And as I research grave inscriptions of my ancestors I find a dreadful
outrage going on as Muslims are taking over our Churches and
turning them into mosques
they are driving rough shod over our
graveyards and using the broken gravestones as hardcore as they convert
our church yards into concrete car parks!
Sadly no record was made of the Grave inscriptions and as it was a
non-conformist church (Baptist or Congregational I think) there is no
written record of who had been buried there! Can anything be done to
stop this outrage? !!!
Number 10 Petition Deadline to sign up by: 02 January 2010
If you want to preserve your identity before this Government and the EEC air brush us out of existence, please sign this e-petition to have English as an identity added to the proposed 2011 census
We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to urgently request of the Office of National Statistics (ONS) that it amends the proposed 2011 census form by providing a tick-box for those who want to record their identity as English. The proposed census form finds room for such a tick-box for Gypsy or Irish Traveller but not for the ethnic English!
More details from petition creator
The ONS in dealing with the English in the draft 2011 census form seems to be confusing national identity with ethnic identity. This is a serious matter as unless the ethnic English have the same statistical information available to them as is available to other ethnic groups, the English will be hindered in their attempts to challenge and end the institutionalised and other forms of racism perpetuated against them. The immediate and most obvious form of institutionalised discrimination is the failure of the British state and its institutions to recognise the existence of the ethnic English and to collect information that will help the group fight the discrimination it is subject to on a daily basis. It is because the ethnic English are not recognised as such by the census forms that we do not appear on so-called ethnic monitoring forms. It is due to the failings of the ONS that the ethnic English are statistically invisible. The above represents a potential tragedy in the making for the ethnic English. It should be a priority for the ONS to rectify the situation by providing the ethnic English with a tick-box in the 2011 census form. You will have to confirm your signature after signing through a link that you will be sent in an email from the No.10 website it is not until you click through that link that your name will be added to the petition. Only one entry per email address.
British General & Local Elections 2010. Results UK British Elections
2010. Vote For Anyone EXCEPT ! Labour.
Barking, Battersea, Beckenham, Bethnal Green & Bow, Bexley Heath & Crayford, Brent East, Brent North, Brent South, Brentford & Isleworth, Bromley & Chislehurst, Camberwell & Peckham, Carshalton & Wallington, Chingford & Woodford Green, Chipping Barnet, Cities of London & Westminster, Croydon Central, Croydon North, Croydon South, Dagenham, Dulwich & West Norwood, Ealing North,Ealing Acton, Shepherd's Bush, Ealing Southall, East Ham, Edmonton, Eltham, Enfield North, Kingston & Surbiton, Lewisham East, Lewisham West, Lewisham Deptford, Leyton & Wanstead, Mitcham & Morden, North Southwark & Bermondsey, Old Bexley & Sidcup, Orpington, Poplar & Canning Town, Putney, Regent's Park & Kensington North, Richmond Park, Romford, Ruislip-Northwood, Streatham, Sutton & Cheam, Tooting, Tottenham, Twickenham, Upminster, Uxbridge, Vauxhall, Walthamstow, West Ham, Wimbledon Barking and Dagenham, Barnet, Bexley, Brent, Bromley, Camden, City of London, City of Westminster, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Newham, Redbridge, Richmond, Southwark, Sutton, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Wandsworth,